Saturday, November 21, 2009

Seattle Redux


A while back I had two people request the same Seattle, Washington, postcard orphan. I ended up disappointing one and sending a different orphan, which she did enjoy but she was hoping for the Seattle. A week or so later I discovered in my bottomless box of orphans another postcard featuring Seattle, quite dramatic as you can see! I quickly sent it off to Natasha. And she returned it with a wonderful message about Seattle.

Natasha writes that construction of the Space Needle, Seattle’s iconic symbol, faced opposition when it was first proposed. People thought it would spoil the view. Natasha notes, “Now it is the view.” And, indeed, it does fit nicely with the skyline and I can’t imagine Seattle without it.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine seattle without the needle either . It would change the skyline so much were it to be taken down . thanks for sharing and posting .

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.