Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Do You Remember ...

One of the things I love about this project is how so many of us are connected to places in similar ways. Sometimes it is a place that we call home and no matter where in the world that place might be, home is something most of us can find common bond. And sometimes we are connected to a place because of a particular memory.

Nicola's memory of Hadrians Wall in Scotland is from a school trip years ago. So often the "orphaned" cards are adopted because there is a school trip memory attached. We remember the bus ride and hearing about the history, and perhaps even the lunch we brought, or even forgot. I remember sharing my lunch with classmates who left theirs on the kitchen counter. I bet there could be a blog containing just school trip memories. Perhaps there already is ...

2 comments:

  1. great blog as usual and love the card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, Hadrian Wall is the memory of a summer reading: Marguerite Yourcenar, one of my favorite writers, wrote a book about Hadrian's memories..But you're right about your project: I choosed several of your orphans because of a school trip..

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.