Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cornwall Cove

Idyllic! That should be the name of this lovely little cove in Cornwall, UK. Its real name is Mevagissey, and it is where Susan Cooper set two of the books in the Dark Is Rising sequence. The first book, Over Sea, Under Stone, has a great deal of descriptive detail and I highly recommend it!

Esme vacationed in Cornwall and enjoyed it so much that she is already planning a return trip. The weather even cooperated, "for the UK, as least," as Esme notes. I love that little bit of qualification. Weather in UK tends to be a bit tricky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.