Sunday, October 17, 2010

Getting a Taste of Croatia

This lovely town in Croatia is on an island and can only be reached via bridges. My German Marie (not to be confused with my French Marie, which I have done sometimes because both Maries have similar handwriting) wrote about a ten-day roadtrip she took along the Croatian coast.

They stayed at a youth hostel in Trogir. On recommendation of the hostel owner, they tried a traditional food called cevapcici. It is ground meat shaped sausage-like and served with a pepper sauce. Even though I'm vegetarian, I would probably try something like this while on vacation. I like getting a real taste of local customs.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love to taste traditional food as well, my favorite is Spanish food :)

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.