Friday, October 22, 2010

Maine Meal

Moody's Diner is quintessentially Maine. It is on Route 1, which is the crazy, gorgeous, coastal road that is often a traffic nightmare, but still preferable to the interstate, which really doesn't have much charm. The diner has been around since the 1930s and is still family owned and operated.

Dana currently lives in California, but adopted this card and must be originally from this area. Dana writes "Come on up to the northeast and enjoy!" I wholeheartedly agree! Maine is a bit of a challenge if you are committed to just seeing the tourist sites (often very crowded), but if you are willing to jump off the beaten path, you will be rewarded.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know about route one, but often heard of Road 66. In France, the mythic road is the RN7 (Route Nationale 7, National Road 7), from Paris to Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moody's Diner is one of the best diners in the world!! I love that place. I eat there whenever I can, passing by on Rte 1, which I used to do a lot more in another phase of my life many years ago. Their food is quality, the service is great, and the prices reasonable. They're also open 24 hours, and always have delicious pie! Yay Moody's.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.