Friday, March 4, 2011

Of Food and Franklin

Melissa adopted this vintage postcard of the Benjamin Franklin museum in Philadelphia because she has fond memories of Philadelphia. She goes there every November to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends. She goes with friends because, as she notes, "my family doesn't like to cook!"

The building featured on this card is now called The Franklin Institute and would be one of my first stop should I get to visit Philadelphia someday. I'm quite fond of Ben Franklin. He was a wise, and funny man. And the first Postmaster General of the United States.

Melissa was also quite taken with the postage stamp I included on the card when I sent it out. It features Ben Franklin with the thirteen colonies and was one of many postage stamps issued in 1976 to commemorate the Bicentennial.

2 comments:

  1. I like Philadelphia, it's a very european city when you come from Houston !

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.