Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Show Me the Flowers

Every other August, on even numbered years, Brussels celebrates begonias with a magnificent flower carpet in Grand Place. This is a lovely view for a cold, gray day like today.

Ryanne's husband visits Brussels for work and she accompanied him on one of those trips. She writes that it is a lively international town. I thought so, too, when I visited years ago. But, I was there during a big football (soccer) event so there was even more activity than usual.

1 comment:

  1. We visited Brussels the end of November, a couple years back when this space was filled with a holiday fair. There was a magical light show on the buildings, and hot wine, and people dressed in holiday costumes, and people singing up on a balcony. I'd love to see it another time when it was full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.