Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Old Meets New

I'm not a fan of telephones ... I much prefer email, or better yet, a note in the mail, but this postcard of the camel at a pay phone is one of my all-time favorites. I have a small camel collection, many are wood sculptures, a few are fabric or ceramic, and lots of postcards. Camels are not a common collecting interest, so I suspect my collection will always be rather small.

Laura was in Israel in 2000 for her daughter's Bat Mitzvah. They rode camels in the desert and the guide was always on his cell phone. Imagine that ... ancient transportation and contemporary communication all at once!

3 comments:

  1. Really funny ! Like you, I don't like phones (I hate them).
    Two postcards are on their way to USA...Wait and see if the french Poste is doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I have a soft spot for camels too. This is a great postcard. I can see why it's a favorite :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it a mystery that public phone boxes are still in existence. The ones in London are always getting vandalised and I can't see anyone using them. I'm sure the economics can't work

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.