Friday, December 7, 2012

Forest Spiral

This Friedensreich Hundertwasser building is called Waldspirale (which means "forest spiral"... there is a garden all along the roof!) and it is a residential building complex in Darmstadt, Germany, built in the 1990s. Every single window is different. Such a wonderful, whimsical building!

Marina moved to Darmstadt in 2004 and lived there for three years. Her apartment had a huge balcony, and the view was just as it is shown on this postcard! Marina never got a chance to visit Waldspirale, but she still has friends in Darmstadt and thinks it would be a wonderful excursion when she returns as a visitor.

2 comments:

  1. i like all houses I saw from that architect.but I never saw the inside, i'd like to before knowing if I could live inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a very beautiful place to live in!

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.