Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shhhhh!

This is probably a typical picture for many libraries around the world ... a student napping. This library is in Kobe, Japan. The postcard is from a collection titled For the Love of Libraries, and, as most cards in the collection, this one has a quote on the back.
An afternoon nap, while not exactly condoned, is at least tolerated in the spirit of humanitarian laizzez-faire. -- Bruce A Shuman

"Hi Bonnie!"
Fab studied Japanese for a year and wishes she could have learned more. She wrote the greeting and closing on the back of this postcard in Japanese. Her kanji and hiragana is much better than mine! I studied Japanese for three years, though it was a long time ago, and I've forgotten much more than I remember. I did enjoy practicing kanji, though.


1 comment:

  1. Funny how the postcard of a library in Japan quotes French. Most of my business travels to Japan from 1997-2000 were from a project started after the Kobe earthquake. So many lovely people and places to visit in Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.