Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Memory With Two Parts

Banks of Genesee River, Letchworth State Park, New York
The first time Connie visited Letchworth State Park in western New York, her eldest daughter was attending Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in nearby Rochester. It was winter and the mists from waterfalls frozen as it settled, creating odd ice formations.

The next time Connie visited the park, her youngest daughter was a student at RIT. This time it was summer, and the family went camping and did a bit of geocaching. Connie's husband lost his watch on that trip, but kind people found it, and then mailed it back to him.

Big Bend, Letchworth State Park, New York
These vintage postcards make me think of a movie star without cosmetics. You see the beauty, even though it is not loud and colorful. I would love to see these exact views today.

Connie adopted both cards and wrote her message in two parts. I thought that quite clever since it allowed for different daughters, and seasons, on each card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.