Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Second Look

The first time Dede went to Hoover Dam, which is between Arizona and Nevada, it was a bit of a rushed visited. But she went back, and the next visit was a much nicer visit.

Dede met-up with a Postcrosser from Netherlands in nearby Las Vegas, and they spent a day touring the Hoover Dam, top to bottom. Both found it quite impressive and fascinating.
This postage stamp, issued in 1989, commemorates the letter carrier. I've always loved the design of this stamp, friendly and cheerful, although I have more experience with not so friendly or cheerful postal workers in my day. What I didn't know about the design is that the postal workers are dressed for different seasons, representing the motto, "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

1 comment:

  1. Nice card. I really, really hope to visit here someday.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.