Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Interlude XXXII - I'm in the Spotlight!

Today is a very exciting day for me. I am featured as Postcrossing Spotlight Member! Hello to all the visitors coming from Postcrossing. I hope you will stick around for a while, and maybe adopt a postcard or two :-)

The Postcrossing article focuses on my love of mailboxes/postboxes/letterboxes and pictures of my favorite mailbox haunts are featured. It is a magical thing, these boxes where we put pieces of paper and trust they will find their way to places near and far, guided by just a bit of writing and the hands of many.

The postcard here was sent to me by a Postcrosser who became a penfriend after one or the other of us sent an "official" Postcrossing card. Rick was visiting Japan and happened upon this wonderful postcard, which he sent from Japan. I have met lots of my regular penfriends through Postcrossing. My mailboxes and I are always happy.

8 comments:

  1. Yayyy! That's so awesome! You deserve to be in the spotlight always. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww ... thank you! I am feeling right special today :)

      Delete
  2. I saw the feature - congratulations! It's just too bad they spelled Pittsburgh wrong. Maybe they can correct that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the interview and enjoyed it! I like to see your beautiful mailbox, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Germany!

    After seeing you featured on Postcrossing, I just had to check out your Orphaned Postcard Project. You bet I'll stick around and adopt a card or two! :-)

    Too bad that you don't live closer by; you sound like just the sort of person I'd love to share a cup of coffee and a chat with...

    Congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had the opportunity to sit down and read your feature! WOO HOO! Awesome stuff and I couldn't think of a better person to feature on postcrossing. I know I've said it before, but I love your mailbox. Plus, that mail chute is probably the coolest thing I've seen this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have received a card from your lovely mailbox and that made my mailbox happy as well :-) I always love to read a spotlight about a postcrosser I have exchanged cards with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see someone I know (my mail) featured on the Post Crossing site - go, you! Marti Schrock in Franklin, Indiana.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.