Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seaside Memory

When Cindy and her husband were looking for a honeymoon spot, friends suggested Mendocino, California. Since neither Cindy nor her husband had been there, it seemed a good idea so they book the "Read" cabin at the Andiron Inn. The inn has lots of themed rooms, but "Read" is fitting because both Cindy and her husband are avid readers. And, they did spend half their honeymoon at the local bookstore, where Cindy went  "a little crazy" buying cards and whatnot. I know that bookstore. I was there about nine years ago. It is indeed a haven!

The tower is one of Mendocino's many water towers. Some have been converted into shops, others into bed and breakfast inns. I don't think any are still used for their original purpose.

Cindy writes that she enjoyed the wonderful, laid-back vacation in beautiful seaside Mendocino and is quite certain she and her husband will visit many more times in the coming years.

2 comments:

  1. FYI, if you are in the area anytime soon the MFA has an excellent postcard exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you've been to that bookstore! Where haven't you been ;)

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.