Saturday, February 2, 2013

Loneliness

This postcard is part of an art exhibition held at the National Museum of Australia called "Eternity: Stories from the Emotional Heart of Australia." The Loneliness page features some really amazing stories, including one about a young farm girl, who stitched a prize winning quilt from a pattern in a magazine, while thinking of other girls, on other farms, stitching the same pattern.

Sam, in Australia, donated this card, and three others from the exhibit. The other three are still available for adoption in the "Miscellaneous" section of the database. And, if you hadn't noticed, there is a new online adoption form.

April adopted this postcard because she found it poetic that the "loneliness" card was orphaned and unclaimed. She writes, "Apparently that hit a nerve with me, so much so that I rescue inanimate objects." And now this lonely postcard has a life beyond a dark, crowded box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.