Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Spring Preview

Castle Cecilienhof is where the Potsdam Conference was held in 1945, with Joseph Stalin, Winston Churchill and Harry S. Truman deciding the terms of Germany's post war order. I can't help wondering if the walls are holding secrets of words spoken in those rooms so many years ago.

The castle is now a museum and hotel, and its gardens are part of the Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin UNESCO World Heritage site.

Steffi writes that Potsdam is a popular stop for people visiting Berlin because of the many lovely buildings and gardens. The garden featured here looks like it would be a lovely place to stop and smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.