Monday, March 25, 2013

Owl Post

This postcard features a snowy owl, flying through the sky in Finland. Willemina lives in Netherlands, but adopted this postcard because she likes snowy owls, and doesn't see them in her part of the world as they prefer northern climates. Willemina writes that "it is a pity that I live in a country with 'winter" temperatures of +10ยบ C,"  which makes me smile, because I would love to have such temperatures right now :)

I have seen snowy owls in captivity, and I think I saw one in the wild late last year. Something big and white flew by our car, but so fast that we couldn't identify it. I read later on one of my favorite bird blogs, Outside My WIndow, that it is not unheard of to see snowy owls in this area, so maybe it was!

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen an owl here in Vegas, our desert is just too dull for them.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.