Friday, June 21, 2013

Childhood In An Exotic Place

This is the Royal Regalia Building in Brunei Darussalam. Karen fell in love with this country when she moved there at age four. Many people don't know where this country is on the map, and I bet they don't know it has a vast amount of unspoiled rainforest. I didn't until I read Karen's message.

Karen didn't much like the spicy food at first, but she grew to love it. And she also remembers the once a year event when the sultan invited all the school children to the palace for lunch and a tour of his private zoo. What amazing memories!

1 comment:

  1. I had never even heard of this country until you posted this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.