Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saying Goodbye?

Tenzin writes of the many who have given their lives in protest of China's assertion of sovereignty in this region. When I was a young adult, it was "Free Tibet" all the time, and we saw the images of those who suffered. These days the plight of all those who sacrifice all in the name of freedom are not as common, partly because the region is so hard to report from now.

Tibet is changing very fast, in a way that is effectively erasing the past. There was a beautiful article in the New York Times last year about the changes, with many photos. It seems that there may soon be no real Tibet to free.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Tibet and its situation when I was 18, and since , I always followed what happened there, and tried to fight for Tibet each time I could, in all ways I could find. I've seen the country changing , and I'm so sad for Tibetans;I'm still helping, but I'm afraid it's useless..

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.