Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Of Imagining and Reality

This snowy mountain mapcard of the Swiss Alps is a welcome respite from the heat this week. I close my eyes and imagine swishing down the slopes, and then sitting in the lodge for some après ski. Okay, so mostly I'm imagining the après ski.

When Anna Lee was 15 she went to Switzerland for three months as an informal exchange student. A few days after her October arrival her host family took her to stay in their chalet in Evolène where they took day trips to Chateaux Gruyeres and the chocolate factory in Fribourg and Lac Bleu. The leaves were golden and the grass still green. Roasted cheese, jambon sec (which I think is pork) and hot milky tea accompanied one hike. Anna Lee could believe it was real life.

1 comment:

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.