Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fairytales Then and Now

I see "Hameln" and all I can think of is the Pied Piper story by the Brothers Grimm. I asked Ines if she had ever seen the show performed in the summer in the town center that reenacts the story, but she hasn't. She writes that it isn't too late, and perhaps she will attend one day.

In the US there is a television show called simply "Grimm," that features lots of German and other cultural folklore. The show is set in modern day Portland, Oregon, USA, and is really quite fantastical, but I love it. It does get scary, and even though I know the monsters are not real, I still watch most of the show with my hands covering my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that someone adopted the card. :)
    Grimm is a great show and Silas Weir Mitchell is a really nice person.

    ReplyDelete

Because of an increase in spam comments, I have put word verification back on the comments. If you have trouble with it, my email is in the right sidebar ... email me and I will post your comment for you.